Elyse’s Country Journal – September 5, 2013 – HarneyRE – Salisbury, CT
Salisbury and the surrounding communities of northwestern Connecticut offer a wide range of unparalleled opportunities. Please enjoy Elyse’s Country Journal, published weekly on Wednesday. Elyse’s hope is that it will help open up a new perspective of our area.
- The annual House Tour of Lakeville and Salisbury, sponsored by the Housatonic Child Care Center takes place Saturday, September 7 from 10 AM to 4 PM, and tickets are $45 in advance and $50 on the day of the tour. For more information, call Rita Delgado at 860-435-1277 or Marianne Ostendorf at 860-596-4088.
- The Noble Horizons Auxiliary will hold a book and tag sale on Friday, September 6, and Saturday, September 7, in the Learning Center at Noble Horizons in Salisbury. In addition to books, a wide variety of furniture, china, glassware, jewelry, linens and household items will be available. Admission is free from 9 AM to 3 PM on both days. Early birds pay $10 from 8 to 9 AM on Friday only.
- Come to the Opening Reception of Abstract Expression at the White Gallery, 344 Main Street in Lakeville, at 4 to 7 PM on September 7. Featuring Debra Losada, Susan Manspeizer, and Harry A. Rich.
- The David M. Hunt Library is now selling tickets at an early-bird price to the 12th annual Auction in the Village. The auction will be held Saturday, September 28, 5 to 8 PM. This year’s auction will take place at the newly opened Center on Main, the home of the Falls Village Children’s Theater. There will be catering by Freund’s Farm Market, music by Vance Cannon, and wine, beer and the library’s signature Green Man Grog. Auction items will include vacation accommodations in Mexico, artisan crafts, artworks, items for the kitchen and garden, a fly-fishing trip with The Lakeville Journal’s award-winning fishing writer Patrick Sullivan, the season’s hottest new books and a dinner for six at the Falls Village Inn. Advance tickets are $25 and will be $30 at the door on the day of the event. Tickets can be purchased by calling the library at 860-824-7474, by visiting www.huntlibrary.org or by stopping by the library.
- SAVE THE DATE – On Saturday, September 28, at 6 PM in Salisbury, there will be an original, one-time-only, one-of-a-kind event: SALISBURY, OUR TOWN: AN EVENING OF READINGS CELEBRATING SMALL TOWN LIFE. It will feature well-known actors from stage, film and television who will be reading actual memoir and oral histories found in Salisbury archives along with literary and dramatic selections about New England small town life. The Joint Chiefs will provide music and song. To buy tickets to the program, please go to www.salisburyfamilyservices.org or drop by Johnnycake Books on Academy Street in Salisbury. Tickets are $25 for adults and $10 for students. The program, that will benefit Salisbury Family Services, will last a little more than an hour and takes place at the Walker Auditorium at Hotchkiss School in Lakeville.